All CIL tests must be taken in a proctored environment. Most students take the tests on campus in the CIL Lab. There are, however, many extension students or high school students who live and take classes far from the main campus in Logan, so proctors are certified at extension sites throughout the state to assist these students.

Occasionally there are students outside the state of Utah that must take the CIL tests. These are handled on a case by case basis. The student should contact the CIL Director at 435-797-7050 to discuss the particular situation and determine the proper course of action. When it is determined that it is in the student's best interest to take the test out of state, the student will be requested to find a potential proctor and have them contact the CIL Director to make the necessary arrangements. Any fee charged by the proctor should be negotiated directly between the proctor and the student taking the tests and does not affect the CIL fee.

How do I become a proctor?
Will the CIL Lab proctor a test for a USU course?
Will the CIL Lab proctor a test for another school?